Re: Sega Q's

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 10:31:46 EST

On Nov 15, 10:47am, Todd Miller wrote:
> Subject: Sega Q's
> I'm looking for a card cage for the Sega XY, I haven't been able to find one
& was
> wondering if they were the same for the raster convert-a-cab ?

Yes, the raster and vector games have the same card cage.

> If so what what games used them ?

Space Odessey (versions 1 and 2), AstroBlaster, Monster Bash and 005.

> I thought about building one using edge card connectors
> & point to point wiring (not looking forward to all that soldering) but I am
concerned if it would
> be too noisy ?

I don't know about noisy, but soldering 82 pins x 6 doesn't sound fun to me :-(

> I don't want to alter my space fury cp
> for Clay's multi game, anyone have somthing to fit the convertab-cab? (poor
or
> damaged overlay ok) Something with a spinner would be nice, but I do have
> a spare from a tempest.

You do realize that you'll still need the "Single board interface" even if you
use the Tempest spinner...

Any of the more common control panels will do, even non G80 games, like Congo
Bongo, Zaxxon will fit.

I'm all sold out on spare card cages.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL