No recap needed....funny vectors from board

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 11:40:52 EST

G'day folks,

Turns out that between reflowing the pins on the deflection board,
discovering that pins were pushed loose on the deflection board's main
connector and finding a blown fuse, I avoided having to install the
Zanen kit. But none the less, thanks to everyone who responded to my
questions about the various parts in the Zanen kit!

I have several Tempest board sets that coin up, but have strange or no
display. I think the one that would be easiest to repair would be the
board set collapses half the image into a line (but is fine other than
that). Would a bad op (either T081 or T082, I forget) amp behave in this
fashion? Has anyone else seen this symptom? The problem is definitely
not in the monitor (or the board's pots), since I put the board set in
another "good" Tempest with the same results.

The other two boards have random vectors (so there's no discernible
image) or no image what so ever. Tracking down these problems without
an oscilliscope seem much more difficult to me than the 1/2 display
board set. Thanks in advance for any advice!

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - If my repair questions about this vector game are inappropriate for
this email list, then just say the word and I'll take my questions
elsewhere. These questions may be too basic for this email list?