G-80 Spinner interface boards...

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 12:00:24 EST

Hi everybody--

Since the Sega Multigame board is my first design done in OrCAD Layout
Plus, I decided it'd be smart to do a little prototype run before I do a
whole bunch of "production" boards and screw something up and wind up with
expensive little coasters. ;-)

So... I'm going to run a few boards as a test. Since it's an experiment
anyway, I designed a replacement for the "Single Player Control Panel
Interface" and put it on the same PCB. If any of you need a "Spinner
Interface Board" let me know! I figure they'll be about $15-20 each (fully
populated).

I changed the Sega "spinner" PCB a little-- instead of the 3x5 "grid" type
connector I put down a 15 pin .156" header (MUCH easier to find, and I
already had a PCB footprint for it). Depending on your setup you'll
probably need to make a cable or replace the connector on your existing
harness. The PCB is smaller than the Sega one (to keep the price down) so
the mounting holes are left off. Other than that, it's a functional
equivalent using the same parts.

Unless there's a huge demand for these I'll probably just do 4 or 6 panels...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/