Re: Development stuff...

From: Kev <mowerman?_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu Nov 27 1997 - 07:22:09 EST

aHmm hard to please everyone on this one.

I use 2 harnesses as the basis for my test fixtures, Pac-Man with AC and JAMMA.

Things that I'd like to see...

Outputs to a JAMMA male plug (this way I could plug up to most newer cabinets & use them
as a test fixture when traveling). And input of JAMMA too but if you do this make a
switch to lift -5VDC as some boards have problems with this.

What about a tri colored led for +5 Voltage, kinda cheesy but quick & dirty. (I've
dreamed about ampmeters on all voltage lines but that is a bit much...)

What about a led indicator and reset watchdog, just a clip that could could grab the
reset line and monitor for a state change, convenient for burnin testing to see if the
game crashes.

B&W (composite video). input to RGB output.

Yes, 3 audio amps. JAMMA is set up for 1 speaker, stereo is a ad on to JAMMA but not
standard.... So speakers or switchable audio out would be good.

Will there be a provision for XY outputs to monitors or Scope?

I think I have PAT 9000 drawings if they help, but looking at them there really isn't
much else there that we haven't covered.

I liked AL's mention of the ICE for older CPU's, now if we could create a PC board that
would take the edge connector and put it up on the screen with the ICE running or
another unit strobing inputs & reading outputs.....fully automated tester!

--
Kev           http://www.erols.com/mowerman  <- Coin Op Video Game site
REMOVE "?" FROM MY E-MAIL