Re: ROM adapter

From: Ranger Mike <Mike_Ranger_at_dofasco.ca>
Date: Fri Nov 28 1997 - 07:52:00 EST

Hi all...
        I work at a large steel mill with many electonics shops, and
have been able to borrow "until we need it again, but havent used it in
9 years" a DIGELEC 824 programmer. It doesn't claim to do bipolars, but
then again I'm not up to speed on all the numbers. It will go down as
far as 2758,2716 and up to about 27512, along with EEPROMS and 87
series. It seems an update we got for it tells me it will do the
74s474, so I may try to do a williams video decoder for fun.
        Just got it this week, and will be playing with it in the next
few, but I really wanted to program a 27020, but they would not let me
borrow the "good" programmer!!! guess I will have to bring the chip in
and do it at lunch. I wonder if any upgrades were made to the chip list
for the 824 to allow a 27020. Runs in my mind that i could program 512
K at a time with a little adapter...HMmmmm.

        Mike