Re: list update / test

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 13:53:54 EST

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:32:52 -0800, "Ozdemir, Steve" <sso@dsc.com> wrote:

>G'day Zonn (and all),
>
>Well, I was annoyed that anytime I wanted to make a conversation in
>vectorlist private (for stupid questions, ridiculous offers, begging for
>help, etc.) I'd have to paste in the person's email address to respond
>just to them. So I guess I like the change.

So you really send more private email based on 'vectorlist' postings,
than responses directed to 'vectorlist'? You are much more social than
I am!

>I do see Zonn's point that if vectorlist is the default, then you'll see
>more traffic. And I think that's good with our bunch of people. We've
>had alot of trouble in the KLOV email list with parts of the
>conversation getting lost due to not using klov-team@vaps.org as the
>default email address to respond to.
>
>I think I may have a solution.
>
>In the past for vectorlist, whether you responded to everyone or
>responded to just the sender, vectorlist was put in the "To" field of
>the response. With yesterday's modifcation to the email list mechanism,
>responding to the sender becomes possible (but if you want to respond to
>the vectorlist then you can respond to everyone and you'll get both the
>vectorlist and the sender in the "To" field).

That's done on other mailing lists, you end up with two copies of
everything.

>Perhaps, Al could change something in the email list mechanism so that
>all emails going out to everyone have vectorlist in the "To" field and
>the sender in the "Cc" field. Thus by default all responses go to
>everyone, but if you'd like to respond just to the sender then you can
>respond to all and then remove the vectorlist email address to make
>things private!

That seems reasonable. I use Agent and the way it used to worked, was
fine. It's simple for me to open a pull down menu and reply to any of
the fields. It sounds like your idea would work the way it use to,
which works for me!

>What do you think? Can't we all just get along? 8^) 8^) 8^)

Your evoking my gag response here. ;^)

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically