RE: list update / test

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 13:32:52 EST

G'day Zonn (and all),

Well, I was annoyed that anytime I wanted to make a conversation in
vectorlist private (for stupid questions, ridiculous offers, begging for
help, etc.) I'd have to paste in the person's email address to respond
just to them. So I guess I like the change.

I do see Zonn's point that if vectorlist is the default, then you'll see
more traffic. And I think that's good with our bunch of people. We've
had alot of trouble in the KLOV email list with parts of the
conversation getting lost due to not using klov-team@vaps.org as the
default email address to respond to.

I think I may have a solution.

In the past for vectorlist, whether you responded to everyone or
responded to just the sender, vectorlist was put in the "To" field of
the response. With yesterday's modifcation to the email list mechanism,
responding to the sender becomes possible (but if you want to respond to
the vectorlist then you can respond to everyone and you'll get both the
vectorlist and the sender in the "To" field).

Perhaps, Al could change something in the email list mechanism so that
all emails going out to everyone have vectorlist in the "To" field and
the sender in the "Cc" field. Thus by default all responses go to
everyone, but if you'd like to respond just to the sender then you can
respond to all and then remove the vectorlist email address to make
things private!

What do you think? Can't we all just get along? 8^) 8^) 8^)

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - I use MS Exchange, and some of my reasoning might inadvertantly be
based on this. If my suggestions conflict with how your mail reader
works, then my apoligies in advance and I withdraw my suggestion.