Re: Who wants ampliphone flybacks ?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 14:47:33 EST

On Mon, 08 Dec 1997 11:44:20 -0600, RWood54741@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>dpage@se.mediaone.net wrote:
>>

>> It has been suggested to me that these are in high demand. I will
>> have them made if I can presell 100 of them. Cost would be around
>> 85-90.00 range each. Let me know if you would be interested in any.
>
>I can use three or four at that price.

I would also buy 2 or 3. If they work. Does this off shore company realize
that these HV are a bit different than most every other HV transformer made?

They must go into heavy resonance at the proper frequency (I'm not sure what
that frequency is, somewhere around 20khz I would guess). The regulation of the
HV is dependent upon this characteristic. There is no feedback regulation in
the amplifone HV design and a normal flyback HV is not going to work.

I have no idea how one winds an transformer for resonance. My guess is that
alone, a coil without a capacitor is not going to resonate, it probably needs
that "magneto resonato coilo thingo" to be in tune with the HV transformer. The
offshore company must somehow take this into account.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures