Re: Atari Cat boxes

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Wed Dec 31 1997 - 10:09:31 EST

At 09:14 PM 12/30/97 -0800, Dave S. wrote:
>Not exactly vector but close enough.

<snip>

>Now I have the docs and am willing to front some $ but I don't have a CB
and would have to get a copy of the ROM image from someone out there who
does (anyone willing to read the ROM from theres?). I am making the
assumption that SOMEONE has one.

>I would need some help in getting the stuff into a format for getting
boards done (Clay?). I am more than willing to do the grunt work of
entering the schematic into some capture program but I don't have anything
to do the job. Suggestions welcome on that front.

>Open to ideas and comment.

  I sent the EPROM image to Al a few months ago to have put up on
TANT. Unfortunately, I don't think TANT is still around so I'm will
attach the 'bin' file to this e-mail (hope it makes it).

  Reproducing the boards may be a bit pricey; there are two 7 1/2" X 11"
PCB's sandwiched together, the top board has mounted to it the 16
button key-pad, six 7-segment LED displays, eight red T-1 3/4 LEDs, three
pushbuttons, 11 toggle switches, three BNC connectors, a power switch,
a fuse holder and an AC cord socket (Phwew!). The bottom board has the
CPU, MEM and logic. I'm guessing that the 'Interface' board really
can't be shrunk or altered that much unless all the components listed
above get hand-wired' so your still dealing with a fairly large board ($$$).

  Good Luck, here's the image to get you started.

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.net | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_