Re: Anders' WG LV solution

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Wed Dec 31 1997 - 19:10:25 EST

I think we (Anders and I) might go ahead and produce these things. We were
discussing it a couple of days ago and are going to start looking for
somewhere to do it. Ander might make one or two more changes before we
proceed.

We were thinking of offering it in several forms
1) PCB only
2) PCB and bag-o-parts
3) assembled and ready to install
once these things are assembled, it takes about 30 seconds to install one
(it takes longer to remove the old parts from the deflection board)

If enough people are interested in these with parts, we can get a price
break on the voltage regulators, pots, etc.
Our biggest decision is going to be how many of these things to have made.

For anybody that might be new to this list, these are little PCBs that
replace all the low voltage components of a wells gardner color xy monitor
(you never have to buy another zanen kit for these parts again). Anyone
that's owned a tempest has probably had these parts burn out at sometime or
another (IE. R100, R101, etc)

I have about 6 of these things installed in various games and 2 of them are
in star wars machines that have been running constantly for almost a year
(they are in a movie theatre), and I've had no problems yet.

-jeff

>Is anybody planning on producing Ander's Wells-Gardner
>Low-Voltage solution board in quantity? There was
>alot of talk about it some time back, but I don't
>know if anybody actually proceeded. That would
>be a very handy to have! I could use a few of
>them myself.

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/