Re: AVG chip schematics

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 20:46:23 EST

>Is there more to it than what is shown in the tempest schem? Did you and
>Travis find
>some kind of official schem for it?

I have a copy of the "real" vector address generator from an anonymous
source. He/she asked that I not spread it around. I don't recall if it
was a non-disclosure thing or a promise to his/her source or something. If
he/she changes his/her mind I'll post it somewhere. (My webpage is
"drifting" at the moment.)

I guess if I made some boards from the design the "cat would be out of the
bag" so to speak anyway... Hmmmmm. Well, I made a promise not to leak it
around, so I'll have to wait for clearance.

(Problem is that I honestly don't remember who gave it to me. Or rather, I
*think* I remember, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure he/she will see this
message though... ;-)

-Clay

(On another somewhat unrelated note-- I might make some of the
PacMan/MsPacMan "custom chip" replacement boards. The VRAM addresser and
Z-80 Sync Bus controller. Those should each fit nicely into a small CPLD.
:-)

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/