Re: CAT Box Project (interest gauge)

From: Kev <mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 01:28:05 EST

Al Kossow wrote:

> If you were going to do this, wouldn't it make sense to
> add a PC parallel port to the thing and get rid of the
> display altogether? Or, you could squish the whole thing
> down to fit on an ISA card with a 40 pin cable coming
> off of it...

I'm with Al on this, why recreate a old piece of test equipment when it
should be very simple for the talented minds of this mailing list to
create a much more powerful device.

-Bigger/better RAM/ROM checker (why limited to 3 eprom sizes?)

-Keep the Signature analyzer (need it for the Cinematronics stuff too)

-What else can we add? The state machine input/output idea of Als' is
interesting.

I'm interested but only in a Super Cat Box.

--
Kev           http://www.erols.com/mowerman  <- Coin Op Video Game site
REMOVE "?" FROM MY E-MAIL