Re: CAT Box Project (interest gauge)

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_novell.com>
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 11:24:43 EST

> While this is all fine and good. I am right now looking at what kind of
> interest I can get on the "Works alike" model 1.0.
>
> I have lots of ideas for V 2.0 of the project but first things first we need
> to get hands on a "Works alike" so we have something to build on. Now I
> don't relish the idea of having to build 10 of these up by hand but if I
> don't get any real interest in the 1.0's I might have to. And it will
> seriously dampen the likely hood of a v 2.0 any time soon.

I would be interested in a 1.0 model if the price were kept down. I
personally would like the "bag-o-parts" version. Or a bare-board version
would be ok too (I guess since I finally got around to buying a million of
those little drawer assemblies and got my parts organized/labelled.. :)

Oh yeah -- and a xerox of the manual.

> But don't give up hope on the bells and whistles. I am keeping notes and
> all the "Volunteers" for work like dear old Kurt WILL be hearing from me in
> the future :)

"uh-oh.."

Kurt