Re: CAT Box Project (interest gauge)

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 13:42:59 EST

I'm quite interested in a CAT box look alike. Maybe it's just how
things in my lab operate, but usually the simpler projects actually make
it out the door, while the designs that suffer from feature creep and
major re-engineering efforts do not see the light of day.

I think that building a CAT box kit is a great idea. It would provide
us with an incredible diagnostic tool as is. It seems that reproducing
one should really be the first step. Then, if the need arrises,
re-engineering it to do more sophisticated analysis would be great.

It just seems that projects like these get started and are doomed
because of their inherent complexity combined with the lack of resources
to actually complete such a project on our spare time. So, starting
with something "simpler" seems to me to be the way to go.

And, um, at $1.00/mb, that's my $ 0.0008 worth. :-)

Joel-