Re: CAT Box Project (interest gauge)

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 14:07:37 EST

"I'm quite interested in a CAT box look alike. Maybe it's just how
things in my lab operate, but usually the simpler projects actually make
it out the door, while the designs that suffer from feature creep and
major re-engineering efforts do not see the light of day."

I think there's some middle ground here. The existing design could have
some slight changes that could be done transparently (like adding a
serial port) and could be cost reduced using 90's components. Getting
a work alike down to a single board would make it cheaper than the
original too. I think that an updated design could be done pretty
quickly...

..and I bet you could do the whole thing for well under $300.