Re: cat box disassembly

From: Kev <mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat Jan 10 1998 - 02:24:43 EST

David Shoemaker (RhoTech) wrote:

> > One BIG issue I have with some of the CB+ version ideas is there is no
> > realistic way to make this a portable device. If we do go along with it I
> > want it to be serial / parallel or something that will hook up to my
> > laptop somehow. I don't want to have to lug a PC around with ISA slots
> > just to test boards.
> >
> > David

Yes the original CAT BOX is a compact hard shell case with handle but how many people
realistically use it in the field to do board repairs? I'm 32 and not in poor physical
shape but my days of workin bent over in the back of a video game to fix the CPU are
over. I have 2 work benchs in 2 places but only one has a computer and I use that for
my Chip burners so my computer is in place already.

I also wired up a jig to plug into my chip burner that will read ROM code from a CPU as
a 27512 (64K) and that works as a quasi cat box checksum, providing I already have a
memory map.

I like Al's idea of adding a quick parallel port to an Cat Box, quick & easy but I'm
anxious to see the new developments in the ICE areas (I always wanted either a ICE or
Fluke 9000).

--
Kev           http://www.erols.com/mowerman  <- Coin Op Video Game site
REMOVE "?" FROM MY E-MAIL