Re: Moto 68HC11 EVB now $49

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 15:11:41 EST

Anders Knudsen wrote:

> At 11:41 AM 1/12/98 -0800, Al wrote:
> >
> >Not directly related to vector games, but I noticed
> >over the weekend that Moto is now selling their HC11
> >evaluation board for $49..
>
> OH! Now see, that is COOL! We used the HC11 EVB at school, and it is a kick
> butt little device.
> This is what we should use to implement a "catbox" replacement.
> The EVB has all the support chips on it already. Has a serial RS232
> interface and a nice wire wrap area to connect up the I/Os.
> I think it might be perfect for the task!

Yes, this is a very nice little chip!

I can convert all the 6502 code into 68xx with a little effort. How much
EPROM and RAM does
the HC11 on the EVB have? Is it internal or external?

--
Jess M. Askey            *** Coming Soon - The Game Archive ***
Game Spot/Audio Analyst  *  Pinball, Video, Parts, Collecting *