Re: Bulletproof your WG6100!

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 18:20:40 EST

"However you do it, adding current protection to the schematic is easy, =
but it
means a bit more hacking on the WG monitor. You'll lose your nice and =
easy drop
in replacement."

..ignore my last message about waiting, then.

seems like we went through this a few months ago (and I still haven't
measured the voltages at the yoke under operation)

where does the overvoltage come from that blows the junctions? if it
is from inductive voltage kickback, couldn't you put commutation diodes
across the collectors and emitters, or put a MOV on it?