Re: Decent little cap tester...

From: Alan J McCormick <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:06:37 EST

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:33:17 -0800 Clay Cowgill <clayc@diamondmm.com>
writes:

>Just some more info for any of you expanding your test gear. I was
making
>an order from Jameco the other day and saw their "BelMerit Capacitance
>Meter" (#140741) for $59.95... I decided to add it on to the order--
when
>I called in the price was $49.95 (cool).
>
>Although it doesn't do all the leakage/ESR/dialectric absorbtion tests
that
>the Sencore does it seems to be great for testing if a cap is out of
spec
>or identifying the value of something you're not quite sure about.

Does this bugger do any tests other than basic capacitance measurement?

On a related subject (and one not directly pertaining to vectorlist...)

Has anybody here had any experience with any of the "cheap" cap ESR
testers? I do a lot of work with switcher PSUs and I wanted some opinions
before dropping some cash on the Dick Smith model.

Virtu-Al