Re: Battlezone problem 2 - Electric Boogaloo

From: Mitchell Rohde <bovine_at_eecs.umich.edu>
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 11:28:44 EST

 On my constant resetting problem, I've been tracing the watchdog circuit
and looking at the signals with a scope (rather than the usual logic
analyzer...). One of the gates in the circuit , located in K4 (if I
remember offhand - I think that's right) had ok inputs, but an output with
a serious slow-rise (capacitive). I replaced that chip (74LS10), but the
capacitive rise remains.

 I'm thinking the inputs of the gate that one feeds may have a problem,
and are providing the capacitance to cause the problem. Have any one of
you guys seen the inputs of a gate cause this sort of thing? My next step
is to look at the output of the chip I replaced unloaded (disconnected
from the input of the next gate/chip)....

                                        Mitch