Re: Battlezone problem (Self test)

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 01:44:37 EST

Has anyone ever disassembled BZ to figure out just what self test is doing?
I have two boards (as I have said before) that when put into self test
appear to be starting self test then watchdog out and reset (at about the
time they should tone once and display data). But both boards run when not
in test (though no display data).

I would like to have a clue as to where the system thinks its going with the
self test so I can get a clue as to where to start looking for the failure.

The manual says ROM at B/C3 being bad might cause the self test to long tone
and not display. But that is a known good ROM and this is not exactly that
case.

Yes I am going to keep asking questions of this alias until I die and am
buried with these boards or finally fix them :) Sooner or later I am going
to finally understand these damn things.

Thanks,
David