Re: TVS suppression on deflection transistors...

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 19:56:13 EST

>"Hey Al, were you going to get a couple of these and try getting some
>before/after scope traces to see how they performed?"
>
>..sounds like clay is going to beat me to it

Except it'll just be like a car-alarm to me. If it does it's job, I'll
feel like I just wasted my money on it. I'm just trying to entertain
myself while I wait for Sega Multigame boards and that WG6400 schematic.
;-)

I need to order some parts from Digikey anyway, so I'll grab some TVS'
while I'm at it. I'm not real sure how to "test" them though-- other than
put 'em on the Sencore and see if they really do trigger at the rated
voltage (and then put them on a WG and see if they "clamp" any actual
vectors or something).

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com