Re: NOS Trek kit

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 10:43:23 EST

Ray Ghanbari wrote:

> This whole story has been an epic worthy of Homer (take your pick of the Greek
> guy or Simpson) Needless to say, it would be real nice to get the kit and not
> lose out on the $$.

Well, then, DOH!

Are you saying that this clown has taken your money, and he's trying to
sell the same item again? I'm just not sure if I followed this
correctly.

I've actually had one good experience with Jim Rogers. I bought a Pole
Position board from him, sold as working, and it actually worked. It
arrived in a timely fashion.

Ed Saunders? Ehh.. that's another story. But I think that's been beat
to death.

Good luck getting your Trek kit.

Now, more on the subject of vector games... I'd like to learn more
about the design of the vector generators in the Atari games. More
specifically, could someone describe what the advantage and/or reason
why Atari chose to use current regulating DACs, instead of voltage
regulating DACs? Is there some computational savings for the vector
generator if it's determining a change in current vs a change in
voltage?

Thanks,
Joel-