Re: NOS Trek kit

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 11:58:21 EST

You wrote:
> Ray Ghanbari wrote:
>
> > This whole story has been an epic worthy of Homer (take your pick of the
> > Greek guy or Simpson) Needless to say, it would be real nice to get the kit
> > and not lose out on the $$.
>
> Well, then, DOH!
>
> Are you saying that this clown has taken your money, and he's trying to
> sell the same item again? I'm just not sure if I followed this
> correctly.

Fall 1996: Ray wins the NOS Star Trek kit in a Mike Mixon auction and pays
for it (I could kill my good bud, who was bidding against me ;-)
Winter 96: Mike is having a tough time making time to ship, then disappears
Fall 97: NeatOJunk offers up a (surprise!) NOS Star Trek kit. Al bids for it,
then we realize that is the same one I "own" NeatOJunk acknowledges that it
is the same, and was hoping that I would step forward to claim it. Al and I
arrange to have the kit shipped to Al, and for him to pay me the $$ I have into
this (win-win, since I no longer have the space to build up a sega converta
game)
Winter 97: Al and I spend 2-3 months trying to make arrangements to have the
kit shipped from Georgia to California. We get multiple "next week" type of
commitments to drop the box at UPS. We offer to arrange for UPS to pick up.
No go.
Jan 98: a NOS kit appears in Georgia (hmmm...) The plot thickens. At least
the web site has images so I can see "my" kit

Anyway, this is a big distraction for this list. Since the most rabid people
for this type of find are probably subscribed here, I ask that folks lay low on
this until we sort out what is happening. If someone is in Georgia and is
willing to mediate some of this face to face, I'm sure Al and I can find some
way to return the favor (we tried to get Dave Countryman involved before, and
were told that under no circumstances would the people deal with Dave...)

Ray

Ray