Re: 19K6400

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 19:57:46 EST

At 04:29 PM 1/22/98 -0700, Anders wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, fishd wrote:
>

>Yea. Taking new Photos would just make a cooler manual. I am not sure you
>need a macro lens though. Some of the pictures are close up, but not very
>close.

About 6" to 1 foot away would make for some useful photos. I'll see
what I can do.

>> I still want to try modifying a 6100 into a 6400, the component differences
>> are listed in my 6400 write-up, I just don't have a spare 6100 to
>> experiment on.
>
>When you say "modyfying", how drastic were you thinking? Since the
>operating voltage is different, you would need a new power isolation
>transformer. Plus the HV PCB is quite different since it only runs on
>positive.

It's been about a year since I last looked at the schematics but I
seem to remember the only difference in the Hi-V supply was that
one of the electrolytics was replaced with a short (C902?) and the
GND was now hooked up to the former -Vs input. I just pulled the schematic
out and checked. Yup, simple. The other changes are cap voltages.

>I am not convinced that mearly doubling up the deflection transistors
>(which was done on the 6400) will improve the monitor. However, increasing
>the supply voltage and thus the speed of the monitor could be interesting.

If I do ever do this it would be for my Sega multigame, therefore powered
by the Sega XFMR.

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.net | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_