Major Havoc translator board

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Mon Jan 26 1998 - 11:52:36 EST

G'day folks,

I have a small board with "MH/Tempest" on it that looks like it goes on
the end of a Atari cage. It has alot of pots and chips. As I remember
this is the "translator board" that allows you to plug Major Havoc into
a Tempest?

Unfortunately, I don't have a Tempest. I have a Space Duel. I do
remember someone saying that a MH to SD translator board existed. Can
anyone confirm this? If so, would anyone be interested in a straight
swap??

I'm in the process of putting Tempest, Major Havoc and Quantum into my
Space Duel cabinet that has the control panel wiring modified to play
Gravitar and Black Widow. I'll have all the Atari XYs (except Star Wars
and ESB which I didn't care for) in one cabinet with adapters and
control panels for each! Since I have a two other spare end boards to
Atari cages, I'll be carving them up to translate signals for the
Quantum and Tempest.

I'm using a Star Wars end board, and it fits Tempest perfectly! Can
anyone confirm my memory that the smaller connector for a Tempest wiring
harness has to be rotated before you plug it into the Major Havoc board?
 If the MH/Tempest translator board doesn't do this then I'll have
"extend" the small connector off of the Star Wars end board so it can
rotate.

Thanks for any and all help!

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - On another topic, Gregg accidentally sent email to the whole list
saying that he was paying $267 for 20 kits. I thought it would be $260
for the kits and $3 for shipping for $263? I know a $4 difference on a
$250+ deal isn't a big deal, but I want to make sure I didn't screw up
my math for my 10 kits at $133.