Re: Vectorbeam Question

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 20:32:24 EST

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:21:43 EST, Danger wil <Dangerwil@aol.com> wrote:

>> Hey I have one of those tie dyed gel overlays!! It was stuck in the back of
>> Rockola Starcastle. It looked like shit on the Starcastle, it must of
>been
>> Ripoff Overlay! (Do the colors look like they were screened like newspaper
>> print? Little dots that vary in size to change the intensity of the
>color?)
>>

>No, it looks more like some kind of ink or paint. yellow spot in the middle,
>red surround, then blue. No fade the colors just smear into one another.

Still sounds like the same thing I got...

>No worries about conversion just it might be used as a "test tube for some
>crazy hack experiments.
>
>I changed the jumper and it came up just fine!!!!
>
>Next question, can I put any other roms in this SQ bdset?, he asked, hoping
>beyond hope to play a game of Star Castle...

I believe Steve wrote the definitive article on this kind of conversion.

Basically you'll have to burn new roms by using 2732s and copying the Star
Castle images (2716s) into each ROM twice to fill the ROM, you then have to
re-arrange the control panel harness to make it useable with Star Castle, and
last but not least you won't have sound, though Star Castle is probably one of
the easiest sounds board to find...

Find Steve's conversion article, is it on spies?

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures