Re: Display Corrector update...

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 18:38:34 EST

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998 15:07:11 -0800, Clay Cowgill <ClayC@diamondmm.com> wrote:

> It only functions in conjunction with the VDR
>(which is probably impossible to buy now-a-days anyway) and as near as I
>can tell the VDR makes NO visible changes to the display. I remember
>someone thinking it helped control "blooming" near the screen edges?

They correct for linearity. Images are drawn bigger near the edge of a screen.
They do a nice job on the Tempest setup screen, where you can setup a bunch of
squares and adjust for any non-linearities the size of the squares.

When I start my attack on the Cinematronics color card I'll check out how they
did this without using VDRs (they also had problems finding those things). They
most likely used the non-linearity of a diode or transistor junction to adjust
for the blooming.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically