RE: Exorcisor on a chip

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 15:53:03 EST

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Al Kossow wrote:

> I'd like to build one.. Could you put the schematic up somewhere (or just
> a netlist)

        Here's what I'm going to do. I will send Al the JEDEC file and
the pinout (TXT file) to put up on spies and you can do whatever you want
to do with it. If you can program MACH210 parts, then you're good to go.
Just look at Dave Fish's schematic, and connect the outputs of the Mach to
their proper pin on the DIP cables.

        Like I said, I sent the clock line off of the CPU board to a
schmitt trigger (74xx14) to get the CLK and CLKb lines that the MACH
needs:

            |\ |\
CPU clk ----| \o---CLKb---| \o-----CLK
            | / | /
            |/ |/

(Of course, those are Schmitt trigger inverters, so they should have the
little hysterisis symbol in the middle, but I figured my ASCII art was bad
enough without it...)

        Since the pinout is at home, I'll send that to Al tonight. If
anyone has any questions about this, let me know...

Joe