asteroids deluxe HV prob

From: Dave Morrill <david.p.morrill_at_fairchildsemi.com>
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 09:10:30 EST

Hello all,
        My Asteroids Deluxe monitor has HV probs, would love some suggestions
from you guys. It does generate HV, but when I discharge it the spark
is so weak it's barely there. Screen is blank, deflection transistors
and everything else checks out on the scope, so....

Here's what I know:

HV supply pin out vs. measured voltage:
1 37.5
2 gnd
3 nc
4 97.2
5 95.8
6 410
7 nc
8 315
do these numbers look OK?

The 20 ohm resistor in series with pin 1 in the HV supply was
melted/broken off.

the supply side of the transformer measures 0.6 ohms, the high voltage
side measures 1956 ohms (before the hv diode). Is this thing smoked?
Can I test the diode?

anyone have schematics/debug tips? I'm pretty sure this is a G05-802,
based on the HV pin out can someone confirm?

Thanks,
        Dave.