RE: HP 5004A docs needed.

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 14:48:42 EST

> Okay, I will scan them in tomorrow... my birthday party is tonight :-)
> jess

Happy Birthday, Jess! :-) (Is it actually the 23rd? Mine too. :-)

I got an interesting piece of test equipment this weekend. It's an
older Beckman o'scope. (A 9020 model number I believe.) 20MHz, nicely
built-- but with a really cool little bonus: it has one of those
"tracker" style component testers built in! There's a separate pair of
BNC jacks built in that you just plug DMM-type leads into and the 'scope
displays the "signature" of the part onscreen. Cool addition to
hacker-test benches. Keep you eyes out for one.

Incidentally, I see on the back cover of the Tucker electronics catalog
that Tek is now selling its owe Huntron Tracker add-on for any 'scope
for $995. (Tons of options on the Tek one of course.)

Do any of you know where I might find some more information about what
various "signature" actually *mean*. (So if a sideways "L" from a diode
starts to have some "curl" on the end does than mean a leaky diode?
Stuff like that...)

-Clay