Re: Vector 3d??

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 07:32:42 EST

"I had a crazy idea. I was looking at an old Subroc 3d in Tampa this weekend
and wondered if a vector monitor could draw 3d images??"

Well, the SubRoc uses alternate frame left/right eye images with a rotating
shutter, but, yes you could draw red/blue images and displace them slightly
to do pseudo 3D effects. You would have to do a lot of pre calculated data
to get it to run on old game hardware, but a modern CPU would be more than
capable of keeping up. You could simulate the whole thing on a raster display
using anti-aliased vector drawing code to try it out...