Oscilloscope Sale at Tech America

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 14:42:30 EST

I'm calling this "Vector Related" since I recall a number of people wishing
that had scopes recently.

I just received the March Tech America sales flyer. (Tech America seems to
be a relatively new mail-order arm of Tandy/Radio Shack. They have
everything from parts, to test equipment, to DJ and professional audio//video
equipment, security, X10, etc). www.techamerica.com

Anyway, they are advertising a Protek P-3502C 20MHz Dual-Trace scope for
$249.00, regularly $399.00 . It looks like it could be a reasonable unit
for vector game repair, and the price seems right. I wanted to let anyone
else who might be shopping for a scope know, and solicit opinions from those
who may be more experienced then I who might say it's a piece of junk ( Clay
? :-) I'll reproduce the catalog's descriptive paragraph below:

 * Built-in component tester displays component function and interaction
    [What the hell does this mean ??? cxc. ]
 * Features TV video synchronization filter

  This full-featured high-quality scope includes wide bandwidth and high
sensitivity with low power consumption. It includes and X-Y mode and a Z
axis for intensity modulation. Additional features include a TV video sync
and high-frequency rejection filter, a front-panel elctrical trace rotator,
a regulated power supply circuit and a component tester. The verical
amplifiers provide a sensitiviy of 5mV/Div, and the frequency characteristic
response with the smooth roll-off exceeds 20Mhz. The highest trigggering
sweep speed is 0.2msec/Div. Includes 2 probes (X10, X1) 90 day limited
warranty.

http://www.westnet.com/