RE: Oscilloscope Sale at Tech America

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 16:14:27 EST

> Anyway, they are advertising a Protek P-3502C 20MHz Dual-Trace scope
> for
> $249.00, regularly $399.00 . It looks like it could be a reasonable
> unit
> for vector game repair, and the price seems right.
[...]
> * Built-in component tester displays component function and
> interaction
> [What the hell does this mean ??? cxc. ]

Hey! I bet it's one of those Huntron-tracker style component testers!
That's pretty cool. (Although after using mine last night on an
Asteroids board I'm a little skeptical about it's value as an in-circuit
tester-- unless you had an extra-snazzy one that has a memory comparison
for known-good nodes.)

> * Features TV video synchronization filter

Pretty standard stuff otherwise. Good price at $250 though.

The buyer for my 40MHz Tenma fell through-- so if any of you want a
40MHz Tenma with on-screen cursors (V and T) make me an offer in the
$450 range and it's all yours... :-) (It's about 2 years old. Maybe
1.5-- I don't recall...)

-Clay