Re: Y axis adjustment on Tempest

From: Scott Goings <sgoings_at_tir.com>
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 19:48:12 EST

Al and Greg:

Thanks for the information on the field fix board. I was planning on removing
it when I installed the LV2000. But after reading about in Greg's repair FAQ,
I will be leaving it in.

I have not tested the regulator circuit but will do so along with Greg's
suggestion on the ZD902. (Greg - Thanks for the FAQ, it got me through my
first problem with the machine.)

After I determine the cause of the problem I will report back to the list.

Thanks,

Scott Goings

Al Kossow wrote:

> "I pulled out the low voltage board this evening and found what I believe
> to be a nonstandard modification to the circuit"
>
> This was a input voltage limiting circuit that was added as a field
> modification to the monitors. I beleive you will find an ascii version
> of the circuit in Greg W's W-G repair FAQ.
>
> I assume that you've checked that the exisiting LV regulator circuit
> is still working, and the output isn't high?

Greg Woodcock wrote:

My guess is that you are also experiencing a problem with the X-axis but
that you just happen to have enough pot adjustment to counteract it. I'd
bet your ZD902 is bad on your HV unit and you have a low HV condition
causing blooming. It's cheap enough to replace so I'd start there.