Re: Opinion needed: Lunar Lander/Asteroids factory conversion

From: Duncan Brown <BROWN_DU_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org>
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 07:05:34 EST

> I have a Lunar Lander cabinet that was converted at the factory to an
> Asteroids. I know this because it has 215xx (signifying Asteroids) for model
> number and a different sticker that says AST 1350 for the serial number. Here

    Are you sure that's it? I've seen an Asteroids just like that,
    but was convinced it was just a really *early* Asteroids. It had
    white sides...and IIRC a sticker instead of paint right on
    laminated wood (black laminated wood for production Asteroids).
    But nothing whatsoever about it made me think it had ever been a
    Lunar Lander (which also had paint right on black laminated wood
    sides.)

    Interestingly, I think the one I saw had that *exact* serial
    number. This was in Waynesboro, Virginia a couple of years ago
    and was destined to be sold at auction or tossed in the trash.

    Duncan