Re: Board tester board...

From: Michael Schulz <mschulz_at_ticipa.Works.ti.com>
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 16:16:39 EST

>So a while back I brought up the idea to make a "universal" test board
>for working on game PCB's.
>from the edge connector.) Heavier "posts" (like Atari's test points)
>are comparitively spendy and take up a lot of PCB space.

For what it's worth, I'd much rather have more durable posts *especially*
on test equipment.

In my opinion, it's well worth it to use 'better' components on this type
of kit. The cost difference is negligible.

Maybe I'm the only one, but having just unpacked my Sega multigame board,
I would have gladly paid the extra $1-2 to have machine pinned sockets,
(etc.) instead of the cheapo radio shack quality sockets, (etc.)
(Note - I'm not disappointed in the kit overall, just the decision to
pinch pennies on the individual components.)

Mike

p.s. I know I'm running about a week late on responding to this, but
     I've been overloaded at work and am just now reading my email...