Re: Board tester board...

From: John Butler <johnbutler_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 10:01:02 EST

> Clay Cowgill wrote:
> >
> > So a while back I brought up the idea to make a "universal" test board
> > for working on game PCB's.
> >
> <snip>

Instead of building an onboard amp the other solution would be to leave an
1/8" stereo jack on the board. Then we could use a cheap set of computer
speakers. This may not be the most integrated solution in the world, but it
keeps the component count down and help to prevent feature creep.

I use a set of Altec Lansing computer speakers in a similar arrangement for my
Gauntlet II that I don't have the audio board for. Let's just say the
subwoofer really rocks.

John Butler
Mesa, AZ
Collector of Classic Arcade Games and Pinball Machines