RE: Original ESB PCB for sale

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Mon Mar 09 1998 - 19:03:14 EST

G'day folks,

Well, it turns out that "maturity" in collectors was discussed in
relation to the recent Operator FAQ rewrite (which should be in the
hands of the operator reviewers shortly). I'm not sure if that concept
was axed, but I did like the definition we came up with:

This hobby is *ABOUT* video games, but it is *NOT* a video game in and
of itself -- it doesn't matter what "level" you're working at, so long
as you're enjoying yourself.

Well, it was either this quote or something more blunt like "Hey, it
ain't necessarily a matter of who dies with the most toys!" I'll let
you all guess whether Doug or I came up with this last one...8^) 8^) 8^)

               Steven S Ozdemir
               sso@plpt.com (my company renamed itself in Feb)
               sso@dsc.com (good for a few more months)
               ozdemir@xenon.stanford.edu (permanent...weekly)

ps - Evolution FAQ will be released with the rewritten Operator FAQ. I
don't know if the Auction FAQ is going to be rewritten...we'd originally
discussed it, but I think that may have gone by the wayside due to time
constraints (and not enough complaints about it being out of date).

ObVector: I did look at a Barrier sound board again this weekend. It's
more organized than the Space Wars, but the component count has to be
the same. Shouldn't we be able to remanufacture both of these with some
of the modern stuff. Didn't Joe say there was something that could
duplicate simple analog circuits like the ones used by Space Wars and
Barrier? (Speed Freak's sound board looks like Star Hawk's...at least
20 ICs and alot of organization. Not a candidate...sorry.)