RE: Cinematronics multigame?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 16:49:45 EST

> Yea! That would be me. I posted to the vectorlist a few months back
> about my progress on the Cinematronics Multigame.

Ahhh... The count's up to three now. ;-) Sorry, Mark, I forgot you.
:-)

> I haven't had any luck in
> convincing anyone to let me look at the emulator source for completing
> the Cinematronics menu. Development would go a whole lot quicker if I
> could get in and set some break points.

Hmmm. Maybe Zonn will want to kick it loose. Paul too? I did pretty
well with the Sega stuff by using MAME for testing (since it runs on the
same machine I had my development tools on), but having source on Al's
emulator and being able to hack "custom" debug routines for whatever I
was working on really helped!

> > I seem to recall some discussion about patching the existing games
> > use a single "multigame" control panel
>
> I've patched several games to use a unified control panel, as well
> as using the same dip switch settings. I used Rip Off and Armor
> Attack as the model.

Hey! That's what I like to hear! Not to disappoint Ray, but I think
whoever said that Star Castle and Armor Attack were probably the best
"candidates" probably had it right. And if Mark's already got a good
bit of the work done...

> > (and I think Joe was tinkering with the sound stuff?)
>
> I also have a universal DSP based sound card, but the highest priority
> is on getting a decent menu running.

What are you using? If it's fairly cheap and available I might try to
talk you into letting me leech the design to use with the Sega stuff...
:-)

-Clay