Re: Cinematronics multigame?

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 16:50:25 EST

> I've patched several games to use a unified control panel, as well
> as using the same dip switch settings. I used Rip Off and Armor
> Attack as the model.

That is extremely cool. Keep going!

Someone said it'd be nice if Armor Attack could draw it's own playfield.
That's probably not possible on real hardware because there's too much
vector length. The code to draw it is very short, but it spends a lot
of time waiting for the lines to draw.

The one thing I really want to do still is colorize Star Castle so it
works without the overlay :-) This is probably reasonable - in the worst
case it would require making it a 16K game.

> I also have a universal DSP based sound card, but the highest priority
> is on getting a decent menu running.

I'll look into it again, but I'll need someone to ship rom images to for
testing - This may take a few tries. I don't know of anyone in Michigan
that has even SEEN a functional Cinegame in years. BTW, if you're far
enough along for me to be stepping on toes here, I won't write a menu :-)

BTW, what was the proposed game list?
Star Castle
War of the Worlds
RipOff