re:Cinematronics multigame?

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortel.ca>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 15:46:00 EST

In message "Cinematronics multigame?", ClayC@diamondmm.com writes:

> Wasn't there someone here working on a Cinematronics Multigame?

Yea! That would be me. I posted to the vectorlist a few months back
about my progress on the Cinematronics Multigame.

The menu program I'm working on is getting quite lengthy. The biggest
hold up is not having a good platform to do debugging on. You were
actually really lucky that Al was generous enough to let you have
access to the source for his emulator. I haven't had any luck in
convincing anyone to let me look at the emulator source for completing
the Cinematronics menu. Development would go a whole lot quicker if I
could get in and set some break points.

> I seem to recall some discussion about patching the existing games to
> use a single "multigame" control panel

I've patched several games to use a unified control panel, as well
as using the same dip switch settings. I used Rip Off and Armor
Attack as the model.

> (and I think Joe was tinkering with the sound stuff?)

I also have a universal DSP based sound card, but the highest priority
is on getting a decent menu running.

> -Clay
>
> Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
> /\ Diamond Multimedia System, Inc.