Re: Hi and HELP!

From: Ghanbari, Ray A., Ph.D. <ray_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 09:16:34 EST

My Star Castle had the same problem when I got it.

As Al mentioned, pull down the monitor schematics and replace the
horizontal deflection transistors (should cost ~$8 a pop). These
are the transistors that are mounted on the large heat sinks on
the left side of the monitor as you look at it from the back.

The transistors interface with the monitor PCB board through
some molex connectors.

Make sure to note orientation, use proper heat sink compound,
and replace the insulator (piece of plastic between the transistor
housing and the heat sink...can't remember if the deflection
transistors have them or not, so it may not be there)

Good news is that your board and your monitor HV works. You are
actually damn close to having a working machine (congrats!)

Ray