Re: Hi and HELP!

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 13:33:05 EST

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:05:39 -0600 (CST), sickgear@ix.netcom.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>First, let me say that I don't have much to bring to the list except for a love of vector based
>arcade games and a overwhelming (compulsive?) desire to collect/fix/play them.
>
>That being said, I just rescued a Cinematronics Star Castle from an op's sledgehammer/dumpster.
>It actually appears to be working, except for that it has no X width; there is only a line
>running up/down the screen w/blurry dots on it.
>
>One of these dots appears to be your ship, as it moves (only up/down) when you press the
>"thrust" button. You can hear the noises associated w/the different button functions, and you
>can also see that the ship is shooting, hear it being killed, etc.
>
>The LED on the "control panel" does not come on; I assume that it is supposed to (ala Atari
>vector games)?

Do what everyone else says with the horizontal deflection transistors, but just
a note: By "control panel" I'm assuming you mean that 12x12 inch (or
thereabouts) PCB board -- that light should flicker and go off if everything is
working correctly.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically