CineMenu update

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 09:29:16 EST

Hey all,

  Just thought I'd post an update on my Cinematronics programming activity.
I've got a text display program working along with all the game names and
some other words. I just need to do the user input for game select. It all
fits in 2K with some holes left over, so we can use A11 to load a game-select
latch (barring timing problems) or another method. There may be some
timing problems with the text - I might not be waiting long enough for
the beam to reach the start of a word, but we won't know until it's run
on real hardware. It'll be easy to fix, as there is only one place where
I draw all the lines :) I'll post the rom images by monday for those who
want to test it and get working on hardware. Once any display bugs are
worked out, I'll post info on changing the font and the string tables
so it can be customized a bit.

  BTW, does anyone recall if Armor Attack has the extra bank-select
flipflop needed by Boxing Bugs? It'd be a bummer if that game requires
a board modification.

  BTW2, Cinematronics programming is kind of fun, with the limited
instruction set you can almost read a program in HEX.

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.