RE: CineMenu update

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 19:22:35 EST

> Actually Clay, I've *already* made the hardware for the
> Cinematronics-Multigame!
> It's a piggy back board, similar to the BB rom daughter card that
> plugs into
> the CPU and has enough space to fit all of the released games as well
> any
> other games anyone would care to write.

Well, cool. So when do we all get to buy them? :-)

> I'm planning on releasing it once I'm happy with my menu.

Ah, so, when do we all get to buy them? ;-) ;-)

> The sound board sounds like something that would be a great addition
> the platform. The multigame has an aux connector for a DSP sound
> board,
> similar to the Sega multigame. I'm also going to use the DSP card to
> store
> game switch settings and high score information. If you're interested
> in
> working on it, email me and we can discuss CPU/DSP interfacing in
> further detail.

I'm interested in it, but I also don't know much DSP at the moment. I'm
thinking the DSP vector generator is a good first project since it's
very "CPU" like in function (just need the DSP for speed). A
single-voice ADPCM encoded sample player should be pretty simple on the
ADSP2181 demo board (the include source for ADPCM)-- expanding it to N
voices would be the interesting part.

I'm just running out of time in the day right now. (Need to get the ESB
Rev. 3 stuff out of the way.)

-Clay