Re: CineMenu update

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_fastlane.net>
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 00:09:42 EST

> > Is someone planning to create a multigame PCB like
> > Clay's Sega that would piggyback on the motherboard like BB's daughter
> > card already does? (Looks like I must have missed that part of the
> > discussion...)
> >
> That was pretty much what my original trolling was about. Wanted to see
> if I should be working on hardware or if someone else already had it in
> the works. My impression was that nobody was really doing the hardware
> yet....

Actually Clay, I've *already* made the hardware for the Cinematronics-Multigame!
It's a piggy back board, similar to the BB rom daughter card that plugs into
the CPU and has enough space to fit all of the released games as well any
other games anyone would care to write.

I'm planning on releasing it once I'm happy with my menu.

The sound board sounds like something that would be a great addition to
the platform. The multigame has an aux connector for a DSP sound board,
similar to the Sega multigame. I'm also going to use the DSP card to store
game switch settings and high score information. If you're interested in
working on it, email me and we can discuss CPU/DSP interfacing in
further detail.

Cheers,
Mark