Re: ISA Vector card already done...

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 16:09:16 EST

" Look, I've only been following this discussion in a very cursory manner,
but there is NO WAY you need 144 MHz anything to generate the vector stuff
for one of these games."

if you're talking to bit-serial DACs you do to match the step rates of
the Atari digital vector generators (as Zonn said, 6MHz per step)

I brought up something similar a few months ago (using serial DACS for
a vector generator) and the point to point small scale deflection rate
is quite fast.