Re: ISA Vector card already done...

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 17:55:04 EST

Zonn said:
> 6mhz staircase pattern you see on a 19" display. My guess is very few scopes
> allow you to see this. Take a careful look at a finely focused 19" asteroid
> game. It's more obvious a certain angle, but you can definitely see the digital
> artifacts of the 6mhz sample rate of the DACs. Not nice and smooth like the
> Cinematronics.

I've noticed the crappy vectors on asteroids too. Makes me wonder why anyone
want's to make a DVG at all when a couple analog switches, resistors, and
caps will make a perfectly good AVG that could even use serial DACs.
Of course you'd want Cinematronics-style AVG since emulated Atari games
could use it, but emulated Cinegames may have bad stability problems if
you tried to use the Atari AVG (Atari AVG requires you to go to 0,0 every
so often or the integrator error will accumulate - Cinegames don't).

Just me yappin'

BTW, anyone tried the menu program yet (yes, I'm impatient :)

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.