Re: Why no Williams vector games?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 02:48:15 EST

Jeff Anderson wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Al Kossow wrote:
>
> > "Does anyone have a theory as to why Williams stayed out of the vector game
> > arena?"

> Did the Japenese ever get any Vector games that never made it into the US?
> I guess the only Japenese game company with a vector system was SEGA, but
> those games were all designed in the US right?
>
> Jeff

Actually there was a clone company in Japan that made a copy of Star
Castle. I have one that looks like it is going back to Japan to a
collector there. This uses that curious B&W XY monitor with the audio
output hybred modules, I never saw one fail in the old days.
The company is called HOEI and they made a coupe of their own games, one
trackball game called Future Flash (that I want to set up again-someday)
and Meteor (a clone Asteroids), and Mayday - a clone Defender. I don't
know what happened to the company...
John :-#)#
ps, I have schematics for these games...

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com